Mount Tamalpais School
Mount Tamalpais School MTS, a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California is looking for a 6th grade humanities teacher. This teacher will work with dedicated colleagues and a dynamic leadership team to develop the reading, writing, historical thinking, and study skills necessary for success in middle school and beyond.
Our mission calls on us to develop “knowledge and goodness” and to be “inspiring and nurturing” in our work as educators. The new humanities teacher will be asked to do this as she/he teaches both academic classes and serves as a homeroom teacher and advisor. MTS is also committed to a diverse and inclusive community. To that end, we are seeking a person to add to and enhance our work on diversity, equity and inclusion as well as cultural competency. Finally, as we live our motto of “Where tradition meets tomorrow” we have been focused on integrating project-based learning into our curriculum and seek an educator who values a wide range of teaching and assessment practices.
MTS, known for the strength of its middle school program, is at an exciting place in 2020. With a phenomenal budget for professional development, new leadership, and a clear vision for the future, a humanities teacher who wants to strengthen our core and help students transition to middle school will thrive.
- Teach two sections of 6th grade humanities, a course that integrates English and social studies
- Collaborate with other middle school teachers and specialist teachers to develop curriculum
- Co-lead a homeroom and advisory group
- Chaperone 6th grade outdoor education trip
- Other on campus duties assigned to all faculty
- Be a part of the middle school team, reporting to the Head of Middle School
- Education and Experience:
- A BA or BS in a relevant field. Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Two years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching middle school students
- Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com