Marin Country Day School
4th GRADE TEACHER – FMLA Substitute
February 22, 2021 – April 16, 2021
Reports to Lower School Division Head
Marin Country Day School seeks a gifted educator passionate about teaching fourth grade students using a rich and rigorous curriculum. We seek an educator with a demonstrated background and or interest in cultural competency, curriculum development, technology integration and environmental sustainability. Also, we seek an educator with the belief in teaching with the interests of the whole child in mind. Our approach and philosophy center around collaboration, thoughtful innovation, team building and leveraging diverse and multiple perspectives.
Situated on 35 acres adjacent to the Ring Mountain Nature Preserve, our indoor/outdoor campus has been fully utilized to provide the safest possible environment for students, teachers and staff. We strictly adhere to COVID-19 safety procedures including daily health checks for students, teachers and staff and universal mask wearing. High-grade air filters are present in all classrooms and we have increased the number of outdoor teaching spaces on campus. Students are in stable groups (cohorts) and our schedule limits the total number of students on campus each day.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin.
Our mission at MCDS is to create an inclusive community of learning that inspires curiosity, empathy, and action.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
- Head teacher in a self-contained Responsible for working with a group of 18-20 students in language arts and reading, math and physical and social sciences
- Plans and collaborates with the other two lead teachers at the grade level
- Collaborate, support and supervises an Associate Teacher
- Creates a supportive and inclusive classroom environment that honors and nurtures each child’s individual identity
- Develops warm and respectful relationships with students
- Identifies and responds to individual students’ learning differences and creates enrichment opportunities
- Collaborates with Student Support Services to meet the needs of individual learners
- Participates in regular team meetings and weekly faculty meetings
- Supervises students at recess, carpool, etc.
- Chaperones grade level or classroom field trips
- Participates in assemblies and other special events
- Serves on committees as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters and credential preferred
- Relevant teaching experience
- Commitment to professional growth, reflective practice, and growth mindset
- Strong ability to work collaboratively
- Faculty and Staff of Color Affinity Group called Fusion
- Active SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) group
- Ability to design innovative curriculum in collaboration with colleagues
- Strong and supportive professional community with a growth mindset
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of
diversity throughout the school community. Compensation is competitive.
To apply, please send a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org