Park Day School
Overview of the Position
Reporting to the Lower School Director, the school seeks a vibrant 3rd grade teacher who brings creativity and innovation to their teaching practice. Class size is between 16-18 students, and there is a part time Teaching Assistant. The hiring process will include a screening interview with two administrators, with finalists returning for a second round demonstration lesson and interview with the full hiring committee. This is for the 2018-2019 school year.
In the Lower School self-contained classroom the lead Teacher is responsible for:
- All aspects of the academic curriculum including social-emotional learning, language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Conducting ongoing formative student assessment to guide and plan instruction so that students reach their full potential.
- Collaborating with the grade level partner teacher and teaching assistant to ensure as much program cohesiveness and continuity as possible.
- Communicating proactively and routinely to families: writing newsletters, conferencing with families twice yearly as well as when additional needs arise and writing progress reports each semester.
- Teaming with administrators, learning specialists, and specialist teachers to support students throughout the day.
- Managing classroom budget for supplies, equipment and books to stay within allotted budget.
- Supervising recess on a daily basis and lunch on a monthly basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least five years of exemplary lead classroom teaching experience and a valid California Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential.
- Be well-versed in progressive educational theory and practices and be culturally competent to build an inclusive community.
- Have a proven track record of working successfully in a diverse student environment that upholds high values in social justice education and practices.
- Possess a working understanding of developmental / constructivist teaching practices and social-emotional learning.
- Have experience meeting a wide range of student learning styles and needs via multiple modalities; facile in differentiating instruction in each subject area.
- Have a nurturing, supportive, and clear tone with students, and experience with collaborative teaching.
Park Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants who reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, family-care status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com