The Bay School of San Francisco seeks a part-time, Administrative Assistant to provide support to the College Counseling Office. This Administrative Assistant position will work approximately 15-20 hours per week. Actual work schedule to be determined.
- Is the primary person responsible for maintaining order and organization of the College Counseling Office which includes but not limited to maintaining student records, managing the office calendar, and managing supporting documents sent to colleges.
- Schedules the group meetings with students as well as individual meetings with students and parents.
- Schedules the college representatives who visit Bay and communicates the visit schedule to students.
- Assists in coordinating college information programs/events for student and parents.
- Works closely with his or her colleagues in the office in order to assure the smooth functioning of their collective efforts.
- Organizes and maintains college materials, summer opportunities database and scholarship information.
- Provides administrative support for additional programming.
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years clerical/administrative experience, preferably in a school setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office machines and proficiency with various forms of technology
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
For consideration, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin June 25th. No phone inquiries, please.