Help POCIS support students, faculty, staff and parents of color at independent schools.
Are you interested in becoming a Board Member and want to find out how? Please click the link below to find out specific details on how to get involved in POCIS in a deeper level. We look forward to hearing your story! POCIS Board recruitment 2015
Board Recruitment Process:
1) Attend the POCIS Adult Conference at Town School for Boys on Friday, March 20 and meet current Board Members and Advisors at the social from 3:00-4:00 PM
2) Please email the following information to email@example.com by Friday, April 24, 2015:
a. Cover letter of intent with your contact information, addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to be on the POCIS Board?
- What specific skills and professional experiences can you contribute to POCIS that focus on people of color, especially students, families, faculty, staff and administrators in independent schools?
- How have you worked as an agent of change for equity and justice?ssional references with contact information and one letter of recommendation
b. Current Resume
c. Two professional references with contact information and one letter of recommendation
3) Be present at a group interview date (TBA for a Saturday in May)
4) New Board Member Welcome and Orientation (required) will take place in June (date TBA).
POCIS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; your tax-deductible contribution enables us to continue providing conferences, scholarships, and networking events. Contributions enhance our possibilities to offer more support, training, and outreach for our constituents.