Nueva is a student-centered school known for its distinctive integrated studies, constructivist projected based learning, and its pioneering work in social emotional learning and design thinking. The school also offers specialist teachers in visual and performing arts, music, physical education, reading, math, science, technology, programming, engineering, entrepreneurship, social emotional learning, and design thinking. Our school community inspires passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind.
You will be responsible for a PHP web application that manages all aspects of the school. You will provide technical support, collaborate with all school departments on enhancements and bug fixes, and be the main contact with the company that hosts the website. You may also be called upon to teach a programming class to our students. This is a great opportunity to work with parents, students, teachers, and administrators on a leading edge web application.
Applicants should have:
- At least 6 years of active programming experience with at least 3 years of web system administration experience.
- 3+ years of experience with database coding and web system engineering.
- High fluency in the following programming languages: C++, Java, XCode, HTML, XML, CSS, Ruby.
- 3+ years of experience with web system administration, including Apache administration, PostGreSQL/MySQL administration, UNIX administration, cron/batch scripting.
- Be experienced in agile programming practices.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience with other content platforms (Joomla, Drupal) and databases (Filemaker and MS SQL) is a major plus.
- Ability to support our public Joomla-based site, various public and intranet sites, as well as maintain our web server infrastructure (support, implementation/ install, and regular maintenance).
- Minimum of three years lead teaching experience with grades 6-12, and be conversant with current pedagogical and developmental research.
- Bachelor's and advanced university degree, with a minimum of six years of development experience
- Successful teaching experience in secondary school and/or university
- Demonstrated mastery in area of study and ability to teach within and across academic disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to integrate curriculum with other subjects and to teach collaboratively