Bentley School, an independent K-12 school in Oakland and Lafayette, California, seeks a full-time Upper School (US) Registrar who will work closely with the Dean of Academics, College Counseling Office and the faculty advisors to successfully complete his or her responsibilities. The Registrar will join a team working to support the academic success of students, and will work closely with the Upper School administration as well as parents. This position reports to the Dean of Academics.
The Registrar will be charged with curating academic records and constructing student schedules, helping to design a program that balances the needs of facilities, faculty, and families as students matriculate at the school.
· Maintain all student and alumni information for the Upper School (including, but not limited to, registration forms, schedules, rosters, transcripts, course changes, and other materials).
· Oversee course management system for all US courses and programs and evaluate tools and technology for organizing schedules and appropriate progression of courses.
· Create and manage all student schedules, as well as the master schedule, with the support of the Dean of Academics, Department Chairs, and Class Deans.
· Design new processes to streamline scheduling, including a move to an eventual “paperless” system of scheduling, courses changes and confirmation of schedules
· Work with department chairs, advisors and deans on the scheduling process, including creating scheduling calendar, promotion of scheduling steps, and other aspects of the scheduling process.
· Work with parents, students, and advisors through scheduling and advising, including providing counseling for course selection and processing all schedule changes and requests.
· Communicate regularly with admissions to collect information about incoming students for placement and scheduling
· Support College Counseling in matters of academic advising and student records.
· Manage all contact and student placement in non-Bentley academic and experiential programs with the Dean of Academics.
· Working with colleagues, provide support for curricular, co-curricular, and special events on campus.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Extensive expertise working with Microsoft Office, the Google App Suite, and, ideally, database/enrollment management software.
· Experience in program design or a desire to work/collaborate on/research new organization systems for a school environment
· Experience working with students and families in an academic environment
· A passion for working with young people
· A desire to be engaged in a learning community and collaborate with individuals with different backgrounds and areas of expertise.
· A sense of humor and “can do” approach to colleagues and workplace
Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply. Compensation will be within the expected norms for comparable positions. The School does not discriminate on any basis in matters of employment. Please send letter of interest, CV/resume, and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com with US Registrar in the subject line. No calls please.