Reports to: Director of College Counseling
Bentley School, with two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette, CA seeks a full-time, Administrative Assistant to provide support to the College Counseling Office.
The Assistant to the College Counseling Office is responsible for providing organizational support to the office staff and students who are requesting and using the services of the College Counseling Office.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Maintaining student academic records and organizing the distribution of these records to the colleges/universities to which students apply
· Maintain the office calendar for staff and student/family meetings with the staff
· Schedule group meetings with students
· Schedule college/university representatives campus visits and encourage students to meet with representatives as appropriate
· Assist staff in coordination of college information programs/events for students and families
· Organize and maintain resources including college materials, summer work and visit opportunities, databases, and scholarship information.
· Organize and administer the PSAT, SAT, ACT, and AP exams, organizing the dates, registration, proctoring, and other details required
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
· Demonstrated can-do approach to responsibilities
· Personal and professional integrity and respect for absolute confidentiality
· Experience in an academic setting providing support to academic professionals
· Desire to work with students and families of diverse backgrounds and life experiences\
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of software (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint) Blackbaud, and Whipple Hill
Please send your cover letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information to Paul Hays, Director of College Counseling, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.