St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls 360 boys and girls from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Third Grade Teacher position, for the 2014-2015 academic year, with an experienced, dynamic individual who:
• has attained a BA degree and credential (mandatory)
• can create a developmentally appropriate cooperative learning environment,
• has experience integrating thematic units across the curriculum,
• has 3-5 years experience teaching K-5 (mandatory)
• has experience working in a private/independent school setting
• can provide opportunities for sharing knowledge with others,
• can expose students to a multicultural perspective of universal human
• has excellent communication skills with both children and adults,
• able to handle transitions effectively,
• has Responsive Classroom training (preferred),
• values collegiality with other teachers and administrators, and
• has a warm and energetic personality and a good sense of humor.
The students are supported by specialists in physical education, music, Spanish, and art.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and references, addressed to Karan Merry, Head of School. Please send materials electronically, in PDF format to, Lisa Rappaport, Assistant to the Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.