Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a Technology Support Specialist position in the Information Technology department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Technology with duties scheduled over 12 months.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school's mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.
The successful candidate will provide hardware and software support and install and maintain computer systems.
• Image and set-up a variety of PC and Mac computers
• Repair computers for redistribution
• Configure iPads for distribution
• Assist with asset tagging and inventorying new technology
• Provide troubleshooting support for computers and iPads. This will involve creating and maintaining logs of issues, prioritizing them and communicating resolution times with users.
• Support classroom technology including Activboards, LCD projectors and document cameras.
• Support the department and the Director of Technology as directed.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Technical degree or Bachelor degree in computer technology
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage workload and multi-task.
• Ability to support multiple users in a Windows environment, including Office, “inking” software, and digital media creation (podcasting, student videos, etc.).
• Ability to support Windows OS (up to Windows 8), Mac and iOS applications and hardware.
• Ability to diagnose and solve wide a range of problems with operating system, hardware, and applications efficiently and effectively.
• Experience with imaging and ghosting of computers
• Strong understanding of the Windows and Mac operating systems, Windows servers (from a user’s perspective), wired and wireless networking.
• Ability to focus with attention to detail amid a busy and often chaotic work environment.
• Effective, polite and eager communicator, both written and verbally. Calmness and rationality with a strong focus on the customer.
• Professional demeanor at all times.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across 64-acre campus.
• Must be able to frequently, safely and comfortably lift at least 30 lbs.
• Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments, outdoors and shop environments.
• Must be able to comfortably and safely climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop and see for near and far work.
• Must be able to view and operate a computer and related technology and equipment at least 90% of working time.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Or, you may mail or fax your resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
ATTN: HR/ Tech Support Specialist 2013
Fax: (650) 472‐4099
Please reference Tech Support Specialist 2013 when submitting your resume and cover letter for consideration. You MUST indicate Tech Support Specialist 2013 in the subject line of an email submission.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; positions will remain open until filled.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.