Technology Integrator and Learning Commons Associate
San Francisco Friends School (SFFS) is dedicated to educating, inspiring and nurturing girls and boys in the Quaker school tradition. We are a coeducational K-8 school, with approximately 430 students. The daily life of SFFS is rooted in the Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, peaceful problem solving, and service to others. SFFS is seeking a self motivated individual who has experience with integrating technology into a progressive program. The Technology Integrator is based in the Middle School MS Learning Commons and is responsible for developing, teaching and supporting technology projects with our classroom teachers. The Technology Integrator reports to the Director of Technology and Academic Dean, and will work as a member of the Library/Tech team to collaborate with faculty and students.
• Collaborate with MS faculty in the development of technology integrated curricula and activities;
• Team teach integrated technology projects in MS classrooms;
• Provide technology training and support for teachers in various formats;
• Lead small group workshops with faculty and students on specific technologies (e.g., iPads, Apple laptops, SmartBoards, software applications);
• Assist with the support of technology hardware, software and peripheral devices;
• Work with technology and academic staff to create a program that utilizes technology in developmentally appropriate ways.
• 3 + years as a technology integrator within a 1:1 program setting (grades 5-8 preferred);
• Experience with multimedia applications;
• Proven interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently and in teams.
• Experience with educating in the Quaker tradition
• MA Education;
• Knowledge of current trends in professional development;
• Experience in the design and delivery of faculty and staff technology related professional development;
• Experience with working in Maker Lab/Fab Lab educational spaces.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Ryan Gallagher, Director of Technology
San Francisco Friends School
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please, no phone calls about this job.
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies.