Technology Assistant – 40%
2014-15 School Year
Overview of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Technology, the Technology Assistant performs tasks to aid in the ongoing support of staff, teachers, and students using technology throughout the school.
· Develop and provide instruction for students on the use of technology in the classroom
· Develop and provide instruction for staff on the use of technology in the classroom
· Manage technology problems and inquiries via an online ticketing system
· Prepare and optimize devices (laptops, iPads, desktops) for staff and student school use
· Maintain accounting/inventory records; follow instructions of business office to ensure accurate and sufficient records are being kept
· Instruct/familiarize teachers with changes in technology which directly affect them (ex. new logins, changes in hardware, etc.)
· Assist staff with personal technology within the scope of school (ex. setting up SFS e-mail on the iPhone, setting up a Dropbox to share files between work and home, etc.)
· Learn new techniques (ex. preparing iPads with Configurator) and document acquired knowledge for future use
· Implement, configure and maintain 1:1 middle school iPad program
· Provide “Just In Time” support to the school students and staff, including printer jams, wireless connections and other basic troubleshooting
· Maintain the database of school technology equipment. Process Mac and PC computers by wiping hard drive, installing software and preparing them for recycling and/or donation
· Install software, configure and test. Contact vendors or donation sites to arrange pickup of processed equipment. Set up and maintenance of projectors, screens and other audio/video equipment. Any other technology tasks, as they are needed.
· Related duties as required
· Ability to communicate effectively with constituents from the entire school community
· Ability to define problems and implement appropriate solutions
· Demonstrated knowledge in managing hardware and software specific to the school
· Related training and experience
· All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening
· General understanding of Windows and Macintosh operating systems
· General understanding of computer hardware maintenance and software installation
· Ability to communicate with staff and students in a clear and thoughtful manner
· Ability to set up, troubleshoot and maintain audio and video equipment
Overview of School
The San Francisco School is an independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to an inclusive community. Suitably characterized by one parent as an “urban school with a village atmosphere,” The School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural, and economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, solid academic skills, creativity, and a commitment to social justice. Students learn to think like disciplinarians in a field, consider big and central ideas, and can find and develop their own passions. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, and eager for the challenges ahead.
Hours for 2014-15: 2 – 8 hour days per week, or other negotiated combination.
Interested candidates may apply by sending one document containing resume, three references and cover letter (including an indication of how you learned about this position) to:
The San Francisco School
Attn: Technology Assistant Position
300 Gaven Street, SF, CA 94134
Check out our website: www.sfschool.org
The San Francisco School is committed to increasing staff diversity,
both to reflect the high value SFS places on a multicultural understanding,
and for the direct benefit of each student.