Reports to Classroom Head Teacher and Division Head
Full time positions available beginning late August 2014 and ending June 2015.
Marin Country Day School seeks motivated educators to support elementary classroom teachers. This position is ideal for individuals beginning a career in education and/or in a credential or graduate program.
Our approach and philosophy centers around collaboration, thoughtful innovation, team building and leveraging diverse and multiple perspectives. Our Statement of Community and Inclusion highlights our mission:
“Our school is a community that
- Inspires children to develop a love of learning, thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
- Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of respect, responsibility and compassion; and
- Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world
as well as proclaims, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion. As such, to realize successfully our mission and values, each of us must actively help build and cultivate our multifaceted community by developing cultural competency.”
- Meeting with classroom teacher at least once a week
- Assisting teacher with whole group, small group and individual activities as determined by the classroom teacher
- Being aware of and responsive to the needs of head teacher and of children
- Assisting with classroom organizational and clerical responsibilities
- Providing supervision and support during lunch
- Supervising the playground and other duties as necessary
- Attending weekly support teacher seminars and completing related assignments
- Minimum of undergraduate degree
- Desire to pursue a career in education
- Strong preference for individuals in credentialing and/or advanced degree programs in education
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community.
Please send resume and letter of interest:
Postal: Search Committee/Support
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925