Lick-Wilmerding High School in San Francisco is a college preparatory, co-educational day school serving approximately 460 students from grades 9-12. Founded in 1895 as a technical arts school and tuition free until 1972, LWHS has a long history of welcoming and supporting students from all walks of life and prides itself on being a private school with public purpose. At LWHS, a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in all its forms is central to what we believe constitutes an excellent education, and we are institutionally committed to ongoing reflective work in order to further define and articulate this complex and worthwhile vision.
At LWHS, the average full time teacher workload is 72 students, the students are motivated, and the compensation is generous. Lunch is included in the comprehensive benefits package for faculty and staff. Flexibility and a sense of humor are required.
Employee will split their time between the Center for Civic Engagement and the Communications Department.
The Student Life Program Assistant supports the Center for Civic Engagement in developing and implementing programs designed to build student leadership skills and a commitment to our local, national, and global communities.
The Web Editor is part of the team that facilitates communications at Lick-Wilmerding High School. Using skills in content management in both print and online media, the Web Editor supports the design and production of online communications. Responsibilities for this position include compiling as well as editing information as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities as Student Life Program Assistant for the Center for Civic Engagement
- Assist Director of Student Inclusion, Leadership and Civic Engagement and Student Council to manage and support student clubs and related activities such as Club Fair and Student Leadership Training
- Create and manage database with list of service learning opportunities
- Assist with recruits and prepares students for local and national conferences related to student leadership
- Document and publicize LWHS service and service learning activities on website
- Provide access to internships opportunities and updates student blog regularly with internships, jobs and summer programs
- Assist Director of Student Inclusion, Leadership and Civic Engagement and Director of Public Purpose Programs with administrative tasks, as needed
Primary Responsibilities as Web Editor for Communications:
- Parent Communications: Weekly Tiger newsletter
- Student Communications: eTiger newsletter
- Organize and maintain the online photo archive
- Update all areas of the website for each new academic year
- Publish various content throughout the year including but not limited to news on the homepage, athletics, and library pages; calendar events; academic syllabi; and media gallery albums
- Create "group" pages within the website for Parents Association committees and student clubs
- Collect, edit, and post engaging content for social media platforms
- Highlight announcements on the Foyer screen
- Support overall integrity of the website by reviewing public content of all departments periodically
- Additional work as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in facilitating multiple projects simultaneously
- Established team player
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for design
- Skills in graphic design and desktop publishing; including exceptional knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a must
- Working knowledge of HTML; experience with CMS a plus
- Digital photography proficiency
- Sincere desire to work closely with high school youth
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references in MS Word or PDF format. No calls or faxes, please. Preferred deadline to apply: May 22, 2014.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package is excellent and includes professional development opportunities. This position is open until filled; desired start date is July 1, 2014.