Job title: School Receptionist and Admissions Assistant
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Work schedule: 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, with a ½ hour for lunch
As School Receptionist:
• Answer and route all telephone calls in a pleasant, informed manner
• Warmly greet and attend to all visitors, following school policies and procedures
• Monitor and record daily student attendance, tardiness, and anticipated absences (i.e. field trips, athletic games) via email and voicemail; Entering student information into the School’s Student Information System.
• Daily organization of postal mail; Receive packages that arrive to the School
• Manage and ensure that the School’s FAX machines, copiers, telephone system, and postal machine are properly functioning, arranging for repairs when necessary
• Update and record most current list of the School’s email and phone extension list
• Work closely and collaboratively with the School’s Facilities department
• Administrative tasks, such as ordering supplies, as needed
• Arrive punctually, prepared for each school day
• Understand and embrace the School’s mission statement and educational philosophy
As Admissions Assistant:
• Being informed about the School’s admissions process, in order to respond to phone calls from prospective families
• Clerical tasks including, but not limited to:
o Mail application and Flexible Tuition materials to prospective students
o Open and organize incoming mail from prospective students
• Assist in the check-in (arrival) of the prospective 8th grade students during our campus ‘shadow’ visit program
• Assist in registration/check-in process during high-traffic Admissions events, as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Experience and knowledge of high-functioning clerical skills and office practices is necessary.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: The candidate should value the importance of professionalism, accuracy, and consistency in everything he/she does. Being able to multi-task and manage time effectively is essential.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to engage with visitors to the School, as well as Faculty and Staff, with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy, is a must. Proficiency in Spanish is desired.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: A friendly and outgoing personality is essential for this position. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with youth and adults from various backgrounds. An ability to interact thoughtfully and patiently when asked to be a ‘problem solver” is necessary. The candidate should have a sincere interest in working with youth.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send a PDF cover letter and resume to Lisa Wu, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘School Receptionist’ in email subject line. No phone calls, please.