POCIS High School Student Scholarships
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 19, 2023
Northern California People of Color in Independent Schools (POCIS) is seeking applicants to be 2023 POCIS Student Scholars. The POCIS Student Scholarship is an opportunity to provide access and empowerment to students of color who aspire for academic success beyond the high school experience. We are seeking to honor up to ten high school students, who have demonstrated a commitment to equity and inclusion and are leaders in the classroom and beyond, with a one-time $2,000 scholarship for higher education.
To be eligible students must:
- Identify as a student of color (includes multiracial)
- Be a high school senior
- Currently attend a Northern California POCIS member school
- Be in “good academic standing” within their school community
- Be on track enroll in a 2-4 year institution of higher education in Fall 2023
Complete online application by May 19, 2023.
- General information about yourself, your interests, and your future plans.
- Contact information for two adult members of your school community that can recommend you and affirm that you are a student in good academic standing.
- Essay (400-750 words) responding to the following prompt: How have you personally contributed to creating an inclusive, and affirming environment at your school?
- Optional space to add anything else you’d like us to know as we consider your application.
Applications are due May 19, 2023.
Scholarship notifications will go out by June 9, 2023
If you have any questions or need support with the applications, please reach out to Adrian Takyi (email@example.com).