• Team: Lead the classroom teaching team and liaise with the extended day teaching team. Collaborate, problem-solve and communicate with preschool team members.
• Curriculum: Take the lead in planning and implementing an exciting, challenging, child-centered and developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum for the class. Be familiar with the Project Approach. Feel confident blogging to keep families informed of classroom news and student learning.
• Children: Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems and pursue their own educational interests. Help children think, investigate and ask questions as part of the educational process. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs. Lead the process of writing a progress report for each child in the class.
• Families: Support a physically and emotionally safe environment that nurtures and facilitates the development of both children and families. Collaborate with families toward their child’s success. Meet with families for regularly scheduled parent-teacher conferences and on an as-needed basis. Communicate in a positive, supportive way with families on the phone, in person and via email and blogs.
The ideal candidate will:
• Lead a team of preschool teachers.
• Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
• Apply an understanding of the developmental stages of children when observing and working with individual children.
• Model behavior and language that supports our mission and our program.
• Display excellent rapport with children and families.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Work effectively with children, families, and staff of diverse backgrounds and family structures.
• Communicate and problem-solve with the extended day teaching staff about students and families.
• Be proficient in technology: email, word processing, photos, blogging, etc.
• Display a passion for learning and a commitment to personal-professional growth.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a Bachelors degree in early childhood education or a related field (Masters Degree preferred).
• Meet licensing experience requirements (i.e. have worked at least three hours/day for 50 days in an early childhood setting within the last two years).
• Be able to lift 40 lbs (the weight of the average preschool child).
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume, cover letter and names of three references to Kasi Campbell, Assistant to the Head, at email@example.com.