This is a unique opportunity for a visionary educator to help develop a PreK-12 program that complements the school’s strong social-emotional learning and design thinking programs. You will help lead equity and justice education throughout the school, working with other faculty on incorporating lessons within a rich cross-disciplinary, project-based learning environment, reporting directly to the head of school.
The successful candidate will have a strong teaching background, a passion for creating curricula, and an ability to work skillfully with students, faculty, parents, and area organizations. The ability to differentiate, support, and carry good ideas to fruition is essential.
- Teach expertly your course of study, Social Justice Leadership or Inequality in the United States, as examples, with the highest standards for our students
- Lead social justice programming schoolwide, working closely with division heads, social-emotional learning faculty, student leaders, and the Board’s Diversity Committee
- Promote awareness and support Diversity Committee initiatives
- Bring related speakers/programs throughout the year
- Advise formal affinity groups
- Work with division heads and deans to coordinate service opportunities
- Collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and instruction
- Support the well-being of all students
- Demonstrate interest in and ability to lead student activities, coach, and contribute beyond the classroom
- Lead by example in your commitment to Nueva’s mission
An undergraduate degree in social justice, psychology, and/or education or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years successful teaching experience in primary / secondary school and / or college / university
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to integrate curriculum with other subjects and to teach collaboratively