Future Board Members: If you value making schools more inclusive, aware, and active communities, have skills and experience that will compliment the Board, and are prepared to commit time and energy to a dynamic, working team, please submit materials by Friday, April 25, 2015. Requirements and guidelines are below. Terms are for a minimum of three (3) years. We are seeking individuals with the following backgrounds:
|· Equity/Multicultural education training||· Non-profit experience and leadership||· Educators, parents, and trustees from independent schools|
|· Finance/Accounting||· Technology/Web||· Communications/Public Relations|
People of Color in Independent Schools of Northern California supports the academic achievement, professional development and advancement, self-determination and well-being of students, families, and adults of color in PK-12 Bay Area independent schools.
Who we are:
People of Color in Independent Schools is made up of educators from diverse professional and personal backgrounds who believe that equity, inclusion, multiculturalism, and social justice is integral to quality education for all.
What we do:
POCIS of Northern California promotes and facilitates dialogue among people of color and their allies to foster multicultural understanding and community building. POCIS advocates for increasing ethnic and cultural diversity at all levels in independent schools. POCIS provides resources and expertise to child-serving professionals on building inclusive curriculum, developing cultural competence in students and adults, and fostering leadership in students and adults of color within schools. POCIS encourages school structures, policies, and practices to reflect a long-term and sustainable commitment to equity and inclusion.
Board Recruitment Process:
1) Attend the POCIS Adult Conference at Town School for Boys on Friday, March 20 and meet current Board Members and Advisors at the social from 3:00-4:00 PM
2) Please email the following information to email@example.com by Friday, April 25, 2015:
- Cover letter of intent with your contact information, addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to be on the POCIS Board?
- What specific skills and professional experiences can you contribute to POCIS that focus on people of color, especially students, families, faculty, staff and administrators in independent schools?
- How have you worked as an agent of change for equity and justice?
- Current resume
- Two professional references with contact information and oneletter of recommendation
3) Be present at a group interview date (TBA for a Saturday in May)
4) New Board Member Welcome and Orientation (required) will take place in June (date TBA).
Thank you for your interest in serving on the POCIS Board. For more information about our organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Please forward to any interested and qualified candidates.