Major areas of responsibility include:
- Conduct fifth and sixth physical education classes in a developmentally appropriate engaging way and instill the value of lifelong fitness.
- Work in the athletics program focusing on the whole person – body and mind – and emphasize participation, cooperation and teamwork.
- Implement an existing curriculum that includes competitive and non-competitive games, movement, fitness and team-building activities.
- Modifying course of study for different levels of athletic ability and experience of students.
- Co-chaperone an overnight student field trip.
- Assist with a variety of after school interscholastic sports at the middle school level.
- Participate in other school-wide activities throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Knowledge of sports and physical education, and understanding of developmentally appropriate P.E. skills and concepts students need to learn to be healthy, active individuals.
- Capacity to engage students of multiple developmental levels and a wide spectrum of physical abilities improving gross motor skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills; flexibility to work in multiple settings and shared facilities including a play field, gymnasium and nearby park.
- Desire to accept and grow from feedback.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in technology.
- Patience and understating while working with younger students.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or working towards a degree; preferably PE or fitness related field
- Desire to train in Responsive Classroom techniques
- Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, cover letter and names of 3 references. Email preferred.
Children's Day School
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110