Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco is hiring an experienced, talented Spanish teacher to instill a love of speaking Spanish in our fourth and fifth grade students. We are seeking a teacher who will provide high quality reading and writing opportunities through rich, differentiated lessons and experiences.
• Design lessons for and teach fourth and fifth grade Spanish classes.
• Partner closely with our middle school and preschool Spanish teachers to create a seamless preschool-eighth grade Spanish program that prepares our students to speak Spanish with confidence and joy.
• Communicate with parents and students about student progress and concerns.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with teachers, administrators and parents.
• Proven methods for teaching Spanish in a fun and engaging way.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Effective classroom management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in technology.
The successful candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree.
• At least two years experience teaching Spanish as a second language at the middle school level or later elementary level.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan. CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, cover letter and names of 3 references to Kasi Campbell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.