Children’s Day School in San Francisco is seeking an experienced, talented and energetic Math and Science Teacher. The ideal candidate will bring rigor, middle school and subject matter expertise, impeccable communication skills and passion to our program. Most importantly, the candidate will prepare students for a high school curriculum and inspire all students to be life-long learners.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and qualities:
- An unwavering commitment to students and the school community
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community, including students, staff and parents.
- Strong grasp of a middle school integrated Math and Science curriculum with teaching experience in:
o pre-algebra and algebra skills.
o life science topics including cellular biology, genetics, human and animal physiology and evolution
o physics and chemistry
o technology integration including knowledge/interest in Maker movement
- The desire and ability to contribute to student and community life inside and outside the classroom
- Ability to integrate theory with practice in designing and implementing appropriate learning strategies for each student.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional and social environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Familiarity with interdisciplinary curriculum and teaching in a block schedule
- Commitment to professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Academic program focus in Math, Science or Education related fields.
- Experience working with middle school age children.
Your application should include:
- a cover letter
- statement of philosophy and beliefs
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer
Send resume, cover letter and names of 3 references. E-mail preferred (Please indicate 7/8 Math/Science in subject line).
Kasi Campbell, Assistant to the Head