Bentley School inspires inquiry, academic excellence, personal achievement, and character by engaging students’ intellect and creativity, and by encouraging them to embrace values that enrich their community and the world.
The position will include, but is not limited to:
• Planning and teaching inquiry-based Mathematics classes, with a goal of developing skills, active interest in Mathematics , content knowledge and skill development
• Leading an advisory group
• Participating in many aspects of faculty and student life at Bentley
• Contributing to curriculum development and pedagogy
• Attending faculty meetings
• Participating in the admissions process
• Attending school events
• Participating in at least one grade level trip
• Collaboration with the Upper and Middle School Mathematics faculty is essential.
Candidates should possess the ability and willingness to use multiple teaching methods and assessments to engage students. The ideal candidate should also be committed to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equity. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated successful teaching experience in middle school is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, with a Master’s preferred.
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to collaborate in and contribute to a dynamic community of
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in course design, planning, and implementation.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and a resume to Gina Raible, Assistant to Middle School Head, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Middle School Mathematics” in the subject line. No calls please. Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer.