Reports To: Middle School Athletics Coordinator
Position: Stipended position
The Middle School cross country coach will be someone who can teach basic running and endurance skills to boys and girls who are new the sport, while developing the skills and abilities of more experienced athletes. The coach will also emphasize the values of sportsmanship, character, and teamwork.
Practices will be from 2:45 to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday at Wilder Field in Orinda. Meets will begin in late September and will be held on Thursday afternoons.
• Organize and conduct practices
• Help develop & coordinate a competitive program
• Work closely with the Athletics Coordinator to organize and run a middle school cross country meet
• Be available to drive student-athletes to practices and meets
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Previous coaching experience at the middle school, high school, or college level
• Experience as an athlete in a competitive program
• Knowledge of physiology and general levels of development of this age group
• Commitment to inclusion, equity, and leadership
• Must be able to work as a team member and be self-directed
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Driven to become part of a larger school community
• The highest level of integrity
If interested, please e-mail letter of interest, resume, and the contact information for three professional references to Caitlin Lawson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put “MS cross country” in the subject line. Thank you. No phone calls please.
Bentley School inspires inquiry, academic excellence, personal achievement, and character by engaging students’ intellect and creativity, and by encouraging them to embrace values that enrich their community and the world.