Corte Madera, California-based Marin Montessori School seeks a full-time teacher for its Junior High program in San Rafael for the 2014-2015 school year.
The ideal candidate will have the following training, skills and qualifications:
· Completed the NAMTA Orientation to Adolescent Studies program
· Generalist with a strength in science
· The ability to teach Book Groups, Socratic seminars, community work, workshop electives, physical and creative expressions, and serve as a student advisor
· Team player
· At least 5 years of teaching experience
· A deep understanding and passion for the Montessori approach
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly functioning faculty team dedicated to authentic Montessori pedagogy within a mature program.