The Bay School of SF
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor as well as a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond. Bay students have been described as engaged in learning, self-advocates, community-oriented, thoughtful, and kind.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender/gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation, and student-centered education to apply.
Bay is seeking a full-time Spanish teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The Spanish teacher will plan and teach four courses each semester and one three-week Immersive course that takes place either in the winter or the spring.
- Collaborative curriculum development and alignment
- Design of skills-based formative and summative assessments
- Timely grading and feedback
- Regular communication with the student, her/his/their parents, and the student’s advisor
regarding the student’s progress
- One-on-one student tutoring as needed
- Weekly faculty and course team meetings
- Co-curricular responsibilities including but not limited to serving as an advisor, chaperone at social events, committee member, and admissions interviewer/presenter. These responsibilities support the well-being of our community and the growth of each student
The ideal candidate:
- Finds resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy
- Possesses a Master’s degree and/or Teaching Credential in Spanish Language-related fields
- Has 3-5 years of experience:
- Teaching all levels of high school Spanish, from foundational courses to advanced electives
- Using a variety of pedagogies and has familiarity with ACTFL standards
- Working effectively with a range of students
- Thinking broadly and innovatively, including through an equity lens, about curriculum and pedagogy
- Working collaboratively in a team of teachers to develop and assess curricula, lesson plans and assessments
- Addressing cultural competency in all aspects of teaching from curricular development to classroom environment
- Demonstrates multimodal pedagogical and assessment methods
- Values individual learning styles
- Brings a diversity of teaching and life experience to her/his/their work
- Values collegial collaboration as a means to improve the curriculum and the student experience as well as their own craft
- Dedicates themselves to anti-bias and equity work and understands both culturally responsive pedagogy and the social justice dimensions of education
- Commits to innovation, professional growth and reinvention
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and learning as well as for the subject matter
- Enjoys working with and inspiring high school learners in all areas of school life
- Possesses a “can-do” attitude and resourcefulness
Bay offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package. Please review our website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to learn more about Bay. Please send all of the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Spanish 2019.” Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing to the school and to the World Languages team.
A lesson plan you’ve used in a previous or current course. Make sure to indicate the course for which the lesson was developed, the age group for which the lesson was created, the point during the course the lesson was used, and how this lesson promotes skill development and refinement as well as equity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com