San Francisco Day School
Virtual & On-Campus Substitute Teacher
Full-time; 2020-2021 School Year
We are seeking a flexible, responsible, and dynamic individual to join our community and teaching team as a long-term substitute teacher.
- A passionate and compassionate educator and role model?
- A responsible and creative educator ready to support in various grades and subject areas?
- An effective communicator and thoughtful listener, both online and in-person?
- An inclusive community member who sees and appreciates the diverse fabric of our city and community?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience supervising and/or teaching children
- Technical proficiency with demonstrated experience with Zoom, Google Docs, and Google Classroom
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (students and colleagues) in a warm and empathetic manner
The long-term substitute teacher will be asked to support all grades (K-8) and all subjects. Their schedule will be consistent but the classes they will support will depend on staffing needs of the day. Current availability will be needed to support online distance learning, with future availability to transition to an on-campus role when students and faculty return to campus.
You will need to be:
- Responsible for previewing the lesson (we will provide lesson plans) so you are as prepared as possible to teach
- Flexible and adaptable when plans (and tech) change
- Responsive, communicative, and able to provide support
About San Francisco Day School
We believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, students delight in the discovery of connection in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
SF Day Fast Facts
- Independent, co-educational school
- Founded in 1981
- Serving 400 students; 44% Students of Color
- Located in the heart of SF in the Western Addition neighborhood
- SF Day devotes a significant amount of time and resources to seek and support ongoing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty, staff, and administrators who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage People of Color and LGBTQ+ persons to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
Please apply online with a cover letter and current resume.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org