Website Trinity School
An environment where every child is known and valued
Trinity School is an outstanding elementary day school serving preschool to Grade 5 in Menlo Park, CA. Located across the street from Stanford and on Sand Hill Road, Trinity is a purposefully small school and has partnered with parents for over fifty years to grow children, one at a time, into motivated and capable problem solvers with big hearts.
Trinity School is excited to announce an opening for a Teaching Assistant and Extended Care Supervisor for the remainder of the 2022/2023 school year. This is an exceptional opportunity for a person who is looking to join a team-oriented, inclusive, and professional learning community. The Teaching Assistant supports the classroom teacher by performing tasks in the areas of classroom preparations, instruction of small groups, supervision of students, and general support of the classroom program and environment. He/she provides outdoor student supervision as assigned. If qualified, she/he substitutes for the Lead Teacher. In addition to working in the classroom for the afternoon, this position will also facilitate the Extended Care/or Homework Club after dismissal until 6:00 pm.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working with children, ideally in a lower elementary classroom environment, and have a strong ability to collaborate and a willingness to contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and attentive to detail
- Effective time/project manager
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of computer applications related to job functions
- Mature, energetic, and intelligent with a professional demeanor
- Good judgment and creative problem-solving
- Commitment to the development of relevant professional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Cheerful, flexible self-starter
- Outgoing and optimistic with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can determine when to lead and when to follow
- Ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining the rights and human dignity of all parties
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience working with kids
We hope to hear from you if this description resonates with your interests and goals.
Please send a current resume and a letter of interest to Colette McWilliams, Director of Elementary Campus at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org