Website Town School for Boys
The New Teacher Institute at Town School for Boys is seeking full-time Lower School and STEM Resident Teachers to join our collaborative, vibrant, and joyful faculty.
Our two-year internship program emphasizes daily teaching, curriculum planning, and professional development. The NTI provides structured training for beginning teachers including frequent observations and feedback, meetings and workshops with the cohort, support from the Head Teacher, and total immersion in the school community. A full description of the New Teacher Institute can be found on the Town School for Boys website.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to implement curriculum and manage the classroom
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Apply feedback to teaching practice
- Maintain established school procedures and a positive learning environment
- Collaborate with other grade level classroom teachers
- Perform other school related duties such as lunch and recess supervision
- Attend grade level, faculty, and professional growth meetings
- Report to the Director of Teacher Development and Strategic Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required for all applicants; Bachelor’s degree in a life science, physical science, or environmental science required for STEM applicants
- Experience working with children (informal or volunteer work is welcomed)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative, and willingness to embrace the challenges of these unprecedented times
- Two-year, full-time commitment
To apply for this job please visit town-school-for-boys.hiringthing.com.