Website Town School for Boys
The New Teacher Institute at Town School for Boys is seeking full-time Resident Teachers in Lower School, Humanities, and Art to join our collaborative, vibrant, and joyful faculty beginning mid-August 2024.
Our two-year training program emphasizes daily teaching, curriculum planning, and professional development. The NTI provides structured training for beginning teachers including lesson observations and feedback, meetings and workshops with the cohort, support from the Head Teacher, and total immersion in the school community. Resident Teachers are considered full-time faculty and an integral part of the teaching staff. At the close of the program, Resident Teachers are ready to lead their own classrooms.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to implement curriculum and manage the classroom
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Apply feedback to teaching practice
- Maintain established school procedures and a positive learning environment
- Collaborate with other grade level classroom teachers
- Perform other school related duties such as lunch and recess supervision
- Attend grade level, faculty, and professional growth meetings
- Report to the Director of Teacher Development and Strategic Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required; for Art candidates, Fine Arts degree preferred
- Experience working with children (informal or volunteer work is welcomed)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative
- Two-year, full-time commitment
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
At Town, salaries are one component of a compensation package that includes daily lunch, health & dental insurance, and life, AD & LTD insurance. Resident Teacher roles are full-time, paid positions. The First Year Resident Teacher salary for 2024-25 is $57,000. Additional opportunities are available for supplemental income. Tuition assistance for credential and/or graduate school programs is also available. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity with our current employees as a part of any final offer.
For more information:
Click here for a full description of the New Teacher Institute.
To apply for this job please visit town-school-for-boys.hiringthing.com.