Website The Seven Hills School
Overview of school:
Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, offers an outstanding PS-8th grade program for approximately 420 students. The beautiful campus is located on 9 acres of former ranch land near Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek, CA (approximately 35 miles from downtown San Francisco), and offers students and teachers the daily opportunity to move freely from engaging classrooms to expanses of outdoor space. The school is committed to building an inclusive community with class sizes that allow for greater differentiation, building strong partnerships with parents, and employing passionate teachers who love what they do and bring creativity and innovation to their teaching practice. Seven Hills School is a learning community whose mission is to develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for and responsibility to our world.
Overview of position:
The Middle School Math teacher is responsible for teaching four full-time, multi-level classes. Other responsibilities may include: teaching electives, preparing students for field trips, both domestic and overseas, serving as a Middle School advisor, and collaborating regularly with colleagues when designing the overall program and special projects. The individual in this position will collaborate most closely with the Math Department team, ensuring consistency across grade levels. Seven Hills teachers provide a hands-on, inquiry-based style of teaching, manage collaborative learning groups and comfortably integrate technology into the curriculum.
This position also includes providing ongoing communication with families, and regular reporting on student progress. As part of an emphasis on best practices and collaborative work, Seven Hills teachers attend regular staff meetings, participate in grade level/subject area team meetings, and take part in ongoing professional development. This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits, commensurate with experience.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Math or related subject (required)
- Be an accomplished teacher with classroom experience (credential preferred)
- Be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have expertise in implementing national and international Math standards
- Have knowledge of developmental stages of children ages 9-12
- Have experience with inquiry-based teaching strategies and real-world applications
- Have a demonstrated ability to establish a classroom culture that is built on strong teacher-student relationships and allows for risk-taking
- Have a demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated program addressing various skill levels and learning styles
- Have a demonstrated proficiency with the use of technology for teaching and learning
- Have a demonstrated ability to initiate, fully participate in and foster strong collegial relationships
- Be self-aware and able to build on others’ ideas, capitalize on others’ strengths and effectively share responsibility
- Have a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Have a growth mindset, active sense of humor, warm personality, and excellent organizational and communication skills
Please complete the online application found at:
After you submit the application, please follow the directions on the screen to email your resume and transcripts. No calls.
Screening and invitation for interviews will begin immediately. The hiring process will include interviews with the Division Director, Hiring Committee and Head of School, as well as a possible demonstration lesson.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org