Website The San Francisco School
Teach with us at The San Francisco School!
Come cultivate + celebrate the intellectual, imaginative + humanitarian promise of each student.
Lower School Head Teacher for 3rd Grade
Starts August 20, 2021 – One 100% FTE position
We seek a team member with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education or a subject area field who is:
· Eager to implement lessons based on SFS Mission and SFS Educational Philosophy
· Passionate about and enjoys working with children
· Ready to collaborate on a teaching team
· Ready to assure students are joyfully engaged
· Responsible, adaptable, creative, flexible, and takes initiative
· A talented, student-centered + inspiring educator
· A culturally competent, engaged community member
· An excellent communicator
· Reflective and committed to growth-mindset
· Trained or experienced with Contexts for Learning Mathematics and Writers Workshop (a plus but not required)
The Core of the Work:
· Plan and manage a dynamic classroom environment where all students feel seen and valued
· Collaborate with Lower School colleagues to assure coherence, relevance and vibrancy of program
· Work with Learning Specialist for appropriate accommodations and differentiation for all learners
· Communicate regularly with parents/guardians via emails, calls and ParentSquare posts, including and at minimum three conferences across the year
· Supervise and support inclusive + fair play
· Maintain fluency with technology and digital citizenship
· Continue to develop relevant professional knowledge and skills, particularly as related to academic and cultural competencies
The San Francisco School: An independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural + inclusive community. The San Francisco School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural + economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, strong academic skills, creativity, + a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, + eager for the challenges ahead.
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by April 21, 2021 with your letter of interest, resume + 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please let us know where you heard about the position.
For more information see us at www.sfschool.org or call us at 415.239.5065
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com