Website The Hamlin School
Primary Responsibilities: Substitute classroom instruction for Grades K-8.
Hours/Classification: Part Time; Non-Exempt; On-Call
Pay Range: $22 – $27/hour
The Hamlin School seeks to hire employees who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed at all times. Hamlin employees are known for being compassionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals who treat their colleagues and supervisors with respect and who take seriously the daily care of Hamlin students. As such, Hamlin employees pay close attention to the students’ social-emotional well being, their physical and mental health, and their moral development. Hamlin employees are committed to their own personal and professional growth; thus, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact their respective fields. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and demonstrate a commitment to their colleagues’ success.
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and with professional experience that shows their commitment to K-8 education and to being a contributing member of the community.
- Substitute classroom instruction in Lower School, Middle School and/or Extended Day
- Teach with an understanding of the growth and development of Lower and Middle School girls
- Follow lesson plans and ensure students stay focused during class time
- Supervise students in other roles such as recess, lunch, field trips, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed
About Our School:
The Hamlin School, located in San Francisco, serves 436 students, K-8. Our mission is to educate girls to meet the challenges of their time and inspire them to become extraordinary thinkers and innovators, courageous leaders, and individuals of integrity. Hamlin supports purposeful professional development and encourages a strong sense of collegiality. The Hamlin community reflects the diversity of San Francisco, and the school has a serious commitment to service, the arts, and multiculturalism. Visit our website, www.hamlin.org
- Possess Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Passion for children and prior teaching experience
- Desire and ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Enthusiasm, creativity, maturity, work ethic, honesty, patience, and self-control
- Ability to accept and provide supervision and guidance
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to resolve conflicts
To apply for this job please visit hamlinschool.bamboohr.com.