Website The Hamlin School
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and qualifying experience
Reports to: Lower School Division Head
Primary Responsibilities: Support Head Science Teacher in Lower School classrooms Kindergarten- Grade 4 instruction and facilitate small-group instruction; support integration across Lower School curriculum areas and collaboration between teachers; work with colleagues to design meaningful learning experiences for students; foster communication and a respectful partnership between teachers and parents
Hours/Classification: 10-months Full-Time; Exempt
Period of Employment: August 2022- June 2023
The Hamlin School seeks to hire employees who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed at all times. Hamlin employees are known for being compassionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals who treat their colleagues and supervisors with respect and who take seriously the daily care of Hamlin students. As such, Hamlin employees pay close attention to the students’ social-emotional well being, their physical and mental health, and their moral development. Hamlin employees are committed to their own personal and professional growth; thus, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact their respective fields. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and demonstrate a commitment to their colleagues’ success.
Hamlin employees are committed to their own professional growth; as such, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact teaching and learning. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and daily commitment to academic and ethical excellence.
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and with professional experience that shows their commitment to K-8 education and to being a contributing member of the community.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that provides the community the ability to embrace you as a colleague and entrust all duties below
- Through partnership with the Science Head Teacher, provide whole-group, small-group, and individual instruction in our science curriculum as identified in the Curriculum Guide
- Work collaboratively to provide instruction and care for a specific homeroom of girls or subject area
- Communicate and collaborate with other faculty and staff regarding each student
- Contribute to group discussions via questions, comments, suggestions for improvement or change
- Assess student progress using a variety of data collection tools and methods
- Support parent-teacher communication and report writing for fall and spring semesters
- Identify materials, resources, and technology needs for program
- Support and update class web page (s) and blog (s)
- Participate actively in faculty meetings, admissions, and other school events
- Pursue relevant opportunities for professional growth and development
- Supervise students in other venues such as recess, lunch, field trips, carpool, etc.
- Participate in grade-level outdoor education trips (Grades 3, 4, STEM, & Art Associate teachers)
Perform other duties consistent with the above responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit hamlinschool.bamboohr.com.