Website The Hamlin School
Requirements: Prior experience working with children
Reports to: Director of Extended Day Programs
Primary Responsibilities: Supervise students’ indoor and outdoor play with joy and enthusiasm. Promote and facilitate compliance with Hamlin health and safety guidelines.
Hours/Classification: Non- Exempt Part-time / Academic Year (September through June) / Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 2:30-6:00 p.m., Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:30-6:00 p.m. (Optional /occasional hours available for substitute teaching during the school day.)
The Hamlin School seeks to hire employees who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed at all times. Hamlin employees are known for being compassionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals who treat their colleagues and supervisors with respect and who take the daily care of Hamlin students seriously. As such, Hamlin employees pay close attention to the students’ social-emotional well-being, their physical and mental health, and their moral development.
Hamlin employees are committed to their own personal and professional growth; thus, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact their respective fields. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and demonstrate a commitment to their colleagues’ success.
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and with professional experience that shows their commitment to K-8 education and being a contributing member of the community.
- Be a Hub program leader. Hub is our after school program for K-4th grade students.
- Assist in preparing facility and supplies for daily program.
- Plan, facilitate, and supervise activities for the assigned grade level.
- “Check-in” with each student at least once per day.
- Supervise students in indoor and outdoor play spaces.
- Work proactively with students and assist them with their individual needs.
- Assist with daily student dismissal times.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
With Extended Day – Grades 5-8:
- Communicate with and support other Extended Day staff.
- Assist in planning special events.
- Meet periodically with supervisor to evaluate program and each other.
- Work collaboratively to create program themes and concepts.
- Assist in mentoring and supervising young alums (high school-age employees).
- Plan with and support the Extended Day team as needed.
- Be an advocate for the goals of the after school program and the school.
- Model and promote the Hamlin Creed: Compassion, Courage, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility.
- Create an environment of balance: structured and unstructured choices, work and play.
- Working towards or possesses a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Passion for and prior experience working with children.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, warmth, patience, and flexibility.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with staff, students, and parents.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts.
- Initial and continued criminal background clearance by DOJ and FBI
- Initial and continued tuberculosis clearance
- Current and up-to-date with Covid vaccinations and booster
To apply for this job please visit hamlinschool.bamboohr.com.