Website The Hamlin School
Reports to: Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
The Advancement Database and Stewardship Manager is responsible for oversight of gift management and all Advancement systems. This includes constituent records, gift processing, data entry, and reporting. The Advancement Database and Stewardship Manager is also responsible for prospect research, timely donor stewardship, and the accurate production of solicitations and quarterly reminders.
Hours/Classification: 12-Months Full-Time; Exempt
Compensation: $80,00 – $95,00 DOE
Expectation of Employee Civility and Commitment
The Hamlin School seeks employees who will support and implement the school’s mission and Creed* at all times. Hamlin employees are known for being caring, compassionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals who treat their colleagues and supervisors with respect and who take seriously the daily care of Hamlin students.
Hamlin students are celebrated because of their curious minds, joyful work ethic, and intellectual tenacity in the classroom; moreover, the school is convinced that ensuring the students’ academic growth is only one part of its work. Hamlin employees also pay close attention to the students’ social-emotional well-being, their physical and mental health, and their moral development.
Hamlin employees, its teachers and leaders in particular, are committed to their own professional growth; as such, they pay close attention to the research and innovations that impact teaching and learning. All employees are expected to be flexible thinkers and nimble actors in support of the school’s overarching strategic goals and daily commitment to academic and ethical excellence.
*The Hamlin Creed: Compassion; Courage; Honesty; Respect; Responsibility
The Advancement Database and Stewardship Manager must be a hyper-executor with exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
Incumbent must excel in the following core competencies:
Systems Thinking and Data Management
- Process and manage meticulously all donor and gift information, pledge documentation, timely acknowledgements, and special stewardship for foundation and leadership gifts; in partnership with the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement (EDIA), execute comprehensive quarterly pledge reminder processes for annual, event, and leadership giving
- Manage the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity, and accuracy of Hamlin’s constituent database (The Raiser’s Edge) and ensure continuity and accuracy of contact data across all constituent information systems: internal constituent database (The Raiser’s Edge); parent facing database (Blackbaud’s K-12); email system for alumni and PALs (MailChimp); event fundraising software (Greater Giving); and prospect research platform (Windfall)
- Produce with accuracy and excellence constituent reports, mailing lists, mail merges, volunteer data lists, and financial reports as requested by the EDIA; and work in partnership with the Director of Communications to produce Hamlin’s Annual Report with accuracy
- Remain current on system updates; seek and implement efficiencies in the management of data and production of reports and mailing lists; bring excellence to the work of data management to ensure accurate, personal, and timely communication across all platforms and constituencies
- Maintain and update all office, prospect, and donor records and files, digital and in print
- Coordinate with Hamlin’s Business Office for monthly and annual reconciliation and financial reporting
- Independently manage the workflow of daily tasks related to gift entry and acknowledgements while also planning for and executing on long term data and production projects
- In partnership with the EDIA, manage and execute donor recognition confirmation and all physical recognition in the year following completion of the Love, Hamlin Campaign including donor walls, named spaces, and donor reports
- Manage office purchases and maintain accurate expense information for the EDIA
- Uphold the values of Hamlin; demonstrate cultural competency and a commitment to an anti-bias approach to work; seek professional development and learning opportunities in diversity, equity, and belonging
- Support the EDIA in the work of the Philanthropy and Stewardship Committee and the Annual Fund Committee; attend meetings, produce materials and presentations as needed, and take minutes
- Produce materials for, participate in the set-up of, and attend all Advancement events and special projects as identified by the EDIA
- Perform other duties consistent with the above responsibilities and in conjunction with the overall goals of the Advancement Office; no task is too big or too small.
- At least three years of related work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment with a track record of success in data management
- Prior work experience in a school environment is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge- Blackbaud Software is required
- Excellent computer skills; preferred proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Prezi; experience with Adobe Suite is a plus
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s K-12 learning management system; MailChimp; Ravenna; Greater Giving, and Windfall is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, personal initiative, and organizational skills
Strong proofreading skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
Passions and Abilities:
- A deep appreciation for the mission of The Hamlin School and knowledge of independent schools
- A positive attitude; ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work well with K-8 students and with adult colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the tightly-knit Hamlin community
- Genuine interest in growing as an Advancement professional
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required
- Must be able to view and operate a computer frequently and consistently, especially in the preparation of reports, crafting and responding to emails, viewing presentations, etc.
- Must be able to talk and hear to communicate effectively with school population and the public
- Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across urban campus for a variety of events and meetings, often several in a work day
- Must be physically able to assist, when necessary, with event set-up and breakdown, including lifting up to 25 lbs.
At The Hamlin School, we are committed to a policy of equal employment for all applicants and employees. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, we recruit and hire applicants with diverse backgrounds and professional experience that show their commitment to K-8 education and being a contributing member of a learning community.