The Bay School of SF
The Bay School of San Francisco is seeking an Interim Marketing and Communications Specialist to serve a five-month term from April 16, 2018 to September 28, 2018. The Mar/Comm Specialist will serve as part of the Advancement Office and will be responsible for the day to operations of
the position including: creating the weekly all-school newsletter, maintaining all social media platforms with consistent mission-related content, creating culturally appropriate blog posts, updating the school website with current news and events, managing the school’s communication schedule and updating calendars as needed. In addition to the daily tasks, this person will manage various marketing related projects including creating event collateral and assisting with the planning and execution of Bay’s graduation ceremony in June. During the summer months, the Mar/Comm Specialist will assist the Admission and Advancement teams with the timely execution and printing of each department’s marketing materials. Additional tasks will include updating and formatting the Student/Family Handbook, working with the Registrar to update all systems for the upcoming school year, sending out monthly summer communications, and updating the school website for the upcoming school year. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed.
Interim Marketing and Communications Specialist
FT Non-Exempt Hourly position (April – September 2018)
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking , intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor as well as a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond. Bay students have been described as engaged in learning, self-advocates, community-oriented, thoughtful and kind.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender/gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly
encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation, and studentcentered education to apply.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist has primary responsibility maintaining the existing communications and marketing strategy, consistent with the school’s unique, futurefocused mission. Collaborating closely with the Director of Advancement, the development and admission teams, the Specialist oversees and develops content for the school’s website, blog, and social media platform, and aids in the creation of compelling print materials and regular
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Employ a deep understanding of the school to identify ongoing, creative ways to highlight the school’s programs, people and distinctive mission and approach in order to activate target audiences;
• Maintain a new school website;
• Create content and messaging on the school’s website, blog and social media platforms;
• Take photos of school activities and events to post on website and social media;
• Serve as editor of the school’s weekly newsletter, The Current;
• Manage multi-department relationships with faculty, athletics, PGA, drama, etc.;
• Reinforce the school’s distinctive voice and brand through stewarding the school’s brand image and bringing consistency to all aspects of the school’s graphics and related materials;
• Create and schedule regular family and community communications;
• Collaborate with admission and development offices as well as external graphic designers and photographers to develop and produce materials, including admission brochures, the annual report and campaign materials;
• Assist with all aspects of the school’s graduation ceremony and reception in conjunction with the Associate Director of Development and parent volunteers;
• Manage school events calendar;
• Update and format the Student and Family Handbook for the upcoming school year;
• Work with school Registrar to update all systems for the upcoming school year;
• Various summer related projects as needed.
• Creative, collaborative, energetic, outgoing, optimistic, possess sense of humor, able to connect with all kinds of people, including adolescents;
• Experience with email platforms including Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.
• Experience with Blackbaud “OnProducts” a plus;
• Experience with CMS and web management platforms;
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3+ years experience in a related field;
• Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills;
• Strong project management experience;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Committed to the school’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion;
• Possess deep knowledge of social media, print, digital photography, website and video management;
• Experience with desktop publishing software and basic graphic design;
• Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain focused on strategy and goals;
• Self-starter with the ability to anticipate and follow through;
• Operate well under deadline pressures in fast-paced environment;
• Willing to participate in occasional evening and weekend events;
• Find resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy;
• Bring a diversity of work and life experience;
• Seek out collegial collaboration as a means to improve the team and her/himself;
• Demonstrate dedication to anti-bias and equity work;
• Demonstrate a passion for being in a learning community;
• Enjoy working with and inspiring high school learners in all areas of school life.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will report to the Director of Advancement. To apply for this role, please email your cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Marketing & Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com