Website The Bay School of San Francisco
Start date: July 1, 2021
The Bay School of San Francisco
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its 390 students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, good humor and a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply.
Reports to: Dean of Enrollment Management and Community Culture
Close working relationships: Senior Leadership, Director of Marketing & Communications, Deans and Directors, Faculty
Direct reports: Admissions Associate, Associate Director of Admissions
Scope: The Director of Admissions and Flexible Tuition collaborates with the school’s senior leadership to envision and enroll a student body whose diversity and potential will enable the school to fulfill its ambitious mission. With the Dean of Enrollment Management, they develop a strategic vision that meets school-wide admission and enrollment goals. The Director leads the Admission team to realize that vision through the design and implementation of both a multi-year strategy and tactical action plans.
Major Responsibilities for the Director of Admissions:
● Lead a high functioning admissions team in creating and maintaining mission-centric & values-driven admissions processes and programs that support the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of students
● With the Dean of Enrollment Management, establish and manage a strategic marketing and recruitment plan to meet enrollment goals
● Efficiently manage the application process and related communications with prospective families in a manner that reflects the warmth, kindness, and values of the Bay community
● Integrate best practice data collection, data integrity and quantitative analysis into admissions planning, reporting and decision-making about enrollment strategy, yield management, resource use, and planning
● Research national and local demographic trends to support enrollment and marketing strategy
● Cultivate an office culture reflective of Bay that provides an authentic window into the Bay School experience
● Foster and maintain relationships with feeder schools and other community partners that increase enrollment opportunities and visibility for the school
● Serve as the key “brand ambassador” for the school and activate the school community in support of the admissions and enrollment process
● Provide guidance and training to school staffulty and admission volunteers on messaging of the school’s mission and educational program.
● Collaborate with the Marketing/Communications team to plan and implement a strategic communications plan across multiple platforms.
● Understand issues of diversity, equity and inclusion within an independent school context and work to strategically advance DEI in the work and outcomes of the admissions team
● Collaborate with the Head of School, Dean of Enrollment and CFOO to develop and support financial aid policies, strategy and tactics to allocate flexible tuition funds in support of enrollment goals
● Iterate the rubric for evaluating applicants, structure and lead admission committee deliberations, render admissions decisions of applicants
● Plan and implement recruitment events (ie Open Houses, Visit Program, etc) and serve as key point person for the campus community
Major Shared Responsibilities:
● Serve as an advisor to a group of 8-10 students
● Support school activities such as class coverage, all-community events, field trips, and Immersives
● Bachelors Degree
● 4-6 years of progressive experience and responsibilities in high school or college admissions
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
● A valid and clear California driver’s license and the ability to drive self and/or students to school visits and functions away from campus
● Ability to lift 40lbs
● Working knowledge of Google Suite, including Google Sheets
● Experience with CRM databases (Ravenna and Blackbaud a plus)
The ideal candidate has:
● finds resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy
● strong organizational and time management skills
● exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail in both numbers and text
● strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
● solution-, improvement- and customer-service orientation
● enjoys engaging with high school learners in all areas of school life
● the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of poise and professionalism
● the ability to balance collaboration with autonomy
● demonstrated an on-going commitment to anti-bias and equity work personally and professionally
● values collegial collaboration and feedback as a means to improve
● ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
● strong team-oriented work ethic
● commits to innovation, professional growth and reinvention
● a good sense of humor
The school offers a salary commensurate with expertise and experience as well a strong benefits package.
Please review our website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to familiarize yourself with our school and curriculum. If interested in the position, please send all of the items below to: email@example.com, subject line: Director of Admissions and Flexible Tuition.
Consideration of applicants will begin March 29th; open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing to the school and to the Admissions team
3. Reference list with contact information; the list should include at least one peer, one supervisor and, if applicable, one supervisee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org