Redwood Day School
Redwood Day is a vibrant K-8 school with over 385 students and 80+ faculty and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
The Technology Support Specialist shall assist in the setup, configuration, installation, and maintenance of new equipment, provide technical support and troubleshooting for existing equipment, and respond to help desk requests within certain prescribed hours. This position works under the direction of the Technology Director. The employee is a key member of the Technology Team and will need to work collaboratively with all of the school staff. The ideal candidate has:
- Expert knowledge of MacOS and Google Apps
- Demonstrated knowledge of Office, GSuite, and iLife applications
- Ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously and to remain calm under pressure
- Extensive working knowledge of computer hardware, software, peripherals, and related technologies.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility and patience
This is a 12-month part-time position, 0.625FTE (schedule TBD) beginning in August 2018.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted during the performance of required duties, including school personnel, students, parents and the community
- Able to efficiently plan and organize complex projects
- Able to work independently once the parameters of a project are defined
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Able to administer basic first aid as needed. (training provided)
- Maintain regular attendance
- Eager to work in a school setting
Redwood Day offers competitive compensation based on education and experience.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Redwood Day is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful consideration by federal, state or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition, Redwood Day does not permit discrimination based on dressing consistently with one’s gender identity or gender expression, or preferred gender, name or pronoun usage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org