SF Friends School
San Francisco Friends School is a coeducational K-8 school, with approximately 430 students located in the Mission District of San Francisco. We are dedicated to educating, inspiring and nurturing students in the Quaker school tradition, and we seek educators who resonate with the Friends school mission, which provides an exemplary education in a community dedicated to problem-solving, service learning, simplicity, social justice, and quiet reflection. Our Quaker mission also compels us to create a diverse and inclusive community; we seek a person who will thrive and contribute to such a community, both within and beyond the walls of the school.
San Francisco Friends School seeks an experienced Technology and Integration Specialist for the 2020-21 school year. We are seeking a self motivated individual who has experience with integrating technology and applied projects into a progressive academic program. This person reports to the Academic Dean, and works closely with K-8 teachers particularly, along with all members of the integration team across the school. Candidates should know that San Francisco Friends School deeply values integration and collaboration. Timely communication, patience, humility, willingness to listen and the ability to problem solve with peers are at the core of our work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to close teamwork for curriculum development, committee involvement, student assessment, parent communications, and supervision of students at lunch and recess.
- Collaborate with faculty in the development of integrated projects and activities
- Work with integration and technology specialists across both divisions to align project work and approaches in tech specific and applied learning projects
- Team teach integrated technology projects in K-8 classrooms
- Provide technology training and support for teachers in various formats
- Helps manage our Applied Learning Lab, with middle school integration and technology specialists
- Supports the arc of 3rd through 5th grade on boarding of technology tools, i.e ipads, laptops, digital citizenship curriculum, middle school/5th grade transition with email
- Lead small group workshops with faculty and students on specific technologies (e.g., iPads, Apple laptops, SmartBoards, software applications)
- Assist with the support of technology hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Work with technology and academic staff to create a program that utilizes technology in developmentally appropriate ways.
- 5 + years as an K-8 educator, with experience in integrated curriculum design and technology
- Experience with multimedia applications
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in highly collaborative teams
- Highly creative and generative educator with a flexible and optimistic spirit
- Experience with educating in the Quaker tradition
- Previous work with Harvard’s Project Zero frameworks is preferable but not necessary
- Advanced degree in Education, Engineering and Design or related field
- Knowledge of current trends in professional development
- Experience in the design and delivery of faculty and staff technology and design related professional development
- Experience with working in Maker Lab/STEAM Lab educational spaces
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Tracie Mastronicola, Academic Dean
San Francisco Friends School
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, California 94103
The San Francisco Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law. The school also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities; candidates who need accommodations in order to apply for this position should contact Tracie Mastronicola.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org