Redwood Day School
Redwood Day is a vibrant, diverse K-8 school with over 400 students and 80+ faculty and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
The Systems Administrator works to ensure the maintenance of computing and network systems by identifying requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance. The Systems Administrator works with the Manager of Information Systems and a technology committee to map goals, strategies, and plans regarding institutional information systems. The Systems Administrator also supports other departments to develop their data systems.
This is a full-time position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years experience in the field or related area
- Experience with system administration, local and wide-area network management
- Familiar with relational databases and client-server concepts
- Fluency with Windows, Linux, MacOS, Google apps, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Blackbaud, Filemaker, Unix, highly desirable
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoots system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalates application problems to vendor when necessary and follows up through resolution.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishes and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups.
- Supports users by designing and conducting training programs and quick reference materials; provides references and support to accomplish organizational goals.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure to support program objectives.
- Integrates internal and vendor-provided systems
- Creates and verifies backups of data
- Manages the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Coordinates IT training for faculty, staff in tandem with the Manager of Information Systems
- Provide support to faculty and staff via the Help Desk system
- Other tasks as assigned by the Tech Committee, Head of School or CFOO
Redwood Day offers highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Redwood Day Application Form electronically by August 9, 2019, to SystemsAdministrator2019@rdschool.org, Attn: Deann Hays, CFOO
Redwood Day School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, and physical or mental disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful. In addition, Redwood Day does not permit discrimination based on dressing consistently with one’s gender identity or gender expression, or preferred gender, name or pronoun usage.
To apply for this job email your details to SystemsAdministrator2019@rdschool.org