The Synapse School in Menlo Park, CA, an innovative K-8 independent school located in the heart of Silicon Valley dedicated to rethinking and reimagining education, seeks a COMPUTER SCIENCE SPECIALIST.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Synapse School has a full-time opening for a Computer Science Specialist for the 2019 – 20 School Year. The ideal candidate possesses a positive disposition, a growth mindset, a collaborative spirit, and an interest in building community. Candidates must be excited to collaborate with faculty to create curriculum and communicate with families, be flexible in order to meet the needs of the school community, and be committed to student success. Additional responsibilities include SEL instruction, collaborative teacher meetings, occasional weekend and evening events, and supervisory duties.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Design and deliver age-appropriate and innovative Computer Science/Computational Thinking (CS/CT) curriculum K-8
- Collaborate with faculty on integrating CS/CT into other areas of the curriculum.
- Teach Middle School and/or Lower School CS/CT.
- Provide timely feedback to students and parents in the forms of assessments, quarterly written narrative feedback, and student-parent-teacher conferences
- Design hands-on, project-based learning experiences that emphasize critical thinking and problem solving
- Keep on top of and ahead of trends in technology education
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS
- Positive, enthusiastic, and warm personality
- Strong work ethic, proactive, and success-oriented
- Friendly and patient with excellent communication skills
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- An undergraduate degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred
- A degree in Computer Science is preferred, but not required
- Experience in an independent school is preferred, but not required
Please submit a resume, a concise cover letter detailing your teaching experience, your interest in the position, and any other supporting materials you would like to share via email with the subject line “CS Specialist” to Stephanie Seto, Senior Director of Middle School, email@example.com.
The Synapse School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org