The Bay School of SF
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor as well as a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond. Bay students have been described as engaged in learning, self-advocates, community-oriented, thoughtful and kind.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply.
SUBSTITUTE IN SCIENCE
We are seeking substitute teachers in SCIENCE (with a preference for a background Chemistry) for the 2018-19 school year. The substitute would be responsible for covering Bay science courses as needed.
The ideal candidate
- finds resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy;
- possesses a Master’s degree or Teaching Credential in Chemistry or related field
- has experience with the following working effectively with a range of students;
- values individual learning styles;
- brings a diversity of teaching and life experience to her/his/their work;
- dedicates her/himself/themselves to anti-bias and equity work
- demonstrates a passion for teaching and learning as well as for the subject matter;
- enjoys working with and inspiring high school learners in all areas of school life.
The school offers $50 per class coverage.
Please review our website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to familiarize yourself with our school and curriculum. If interested in the position, please send a current resume to: email@example.com , subject line: SCIENCE SUB.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org