Website St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Community. Confidence. Character. Leadership.
St. Matthew’s is seeking an engaging, creative and innovative team member who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy, and Core Values of our school. St. Matthew’s is an equal opportunity employer. St. Matthew’s is a school whose core values reflect a compassionate and inclusive community that engages in service to others and fosters respect for diversity.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Teach Lower School Students core curriculum subjects Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Social-Emotional curricula
- Model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues, and administration
- Work with the Lower School Director to carry out the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment, and parent communication
- Collaborate with grade-level colleagues, as well as work closely with other lower school faculty around teaching and learning
- Facilitate the emotional and social development of each student
- Support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the school counselor and Director of Learning Services
- Write two progress reports per child, a mid-year and year-end checklist, and a narrative report, and hold parent-teacher conferences
- Attend and participate in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and actively participate in curricular discussions
- Participate in professional development opportunities and keep current on educational issues and trends
Qualifications and Salary:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Education or related degree
- Significant teaching experience, preferably at the lower school level
- Experience working with students and parents in an independent school setting (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with lower school curricula and professional development
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org