St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School seeks a part time Learning Specialist to support students in a PK-4th grade setting, approximately 24 hours per week. The Learning Specialist will work under the direction of the Lower School Director, Director of Learning Services and with the School Counselor to develop learning plans, implement assessments, monitor student progress, and offer student, parent, and teacher support. This role works closely with administration, teachers, parents, and tutors to provide consistent individualized and small group support. Specific grade level assignments will be made in collaboration with the Director of Learning Services and based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Individual meetings for organization, the writing process, reading development
- Small group lessons
- Classroom observations and development of accommodations
- Teacher support
- Parent communication
- Weekly Learning Services Team Meetings
- Weekly Grade Level Team Meetings
- Student Support Team Meetings
- Formal and informal assessment
- Development of learning plans
- Keeping files updated
- BA/BS Degree
- Certificates in Orton Gillingham, Slingerland, or Wilson Fundations preferred
- Elementary teaching experience
- Experience working in an elementary and/or middle school setting, with students, parents, and teachers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com