The San Francisco School
Job Announcement – Join our team!
Special Programs Director
Start date: July 1, 2019, Part-time @ 75% FTE, with possibility of 100% FTE
Training for 40 hours total across 2 weeks (ideally 1 week in May and 1 week in later June)
Overview of Position
The San Francisco School is seeking an experienced, talented Special Programs Director. Reporting to the Head of the Lower School, the Special Programs Director is responsible for organizing and overseeing all Extended Care Programs including the after school program, vacation camps, summer camps, enrichment classes and morning childcare. Approximately 125 students daily take part in our age specific after school program, from preschool 3 year olds through 8th grade. Each summer, we offer a weekly camp to approximately 24 preschool students and limited camps targeting elementary school students.
- Create and execute strategic vision for all extended day programs, including the vacation and summer camps, preschool extended day, elementary extended day and middle school study hall.
- Oversee the day-to-day needs of all extended programs
- Hire and supervise the staff for the after school and summer programs
- Create the necessary conditions for supporting and encouraging the social, emotional, and physical safety and growth of each student while in extended programs.
- Establish strong relationships with families and community members for all extended programs
- Consults with the administration regarding Special Programs needs to determine scope and priorities of programs, and to discuss structure, space, staffing, snacks, budget, registration, promotion and overall management and functional operations
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing programming. Coordinate with vendors for activity classes, as well as music teachers for music lessons
- Collaborate with staff to determine scheduling of classrooms
- Communicate promptly with families and coworkers regarding programmatic questions and logistics
- Work with Communication Director to provide ideal promotion and communication of the programs
- Oversee billing for Summer Camp and Extended Day through the Kinderlime platform
- Ensure daily that students are signed in and out to program through Kinderlime
- Be onsite from 10am – 6 pm during the school year (vacation and summer camp hours may require a different schedule)
We seek a team member who is a(n):
- Problem solver
- Experienced with overseeing programs with proven budgetary expertise
- Child Development Program Director or Site Supervisor
- Culturally competent, engaged community member
- Excellent communicator + collaborator
- Technological innovator or at least comfortable learning new systems!
- BS in Education, Recreation or Management or related field preferred
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening
Overview of School
The San Francisco School is an independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural and inclusive community. Suitably characterized by one parent as an “urban school with a village atmosphere,” The School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural, and economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, solid academic skills, creativity, and a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, and eager for the challenges ahead.
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by 5/10/19 with your resume, 3 references and letter of interest (including how you learned of this job) directly to email@example.com
The San Francisco School is committed to increasing staff diversity,
both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding,
and for the direct benefit of each student.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org