Blue Oak School
We are seeking a dynamic and warm Spanish teacher to step in midyear and join our middle school program team. Qualified candidates will have had some prior classroom experience and possess the desire to take an active role in working with the teaching team and children. Candidates should possess Native or near-Native level Spanish fluency and have some understanding of language acquisition and language lesson design. The ideal candidate will infuse creativity and fun into their classrooms, and understand how to provide rigor and extended learning experiences within the context of a progressive language learning environment. This position teaches three sections of Spanish to grades 6-8 and it is a 50% position. The hours are approx M-W-F 10:00-3:30. Compensation is competitive. Heritage Spanish speakers and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- BA and prior teaching experience required
- Experience in an independent school setting helpful
- Love working with students and creating a joyful learning environment
- Commitment to professional development and a growth mindset
- Desire and ability to contribute to student and community life inside and outside the classroom
- Commitment to social justice and multicultural education
- Sense of humor and ability to connect with all students
- Ability to work legally in the US is required
Blue Oak School, nestled in beautiful downtown Napa, CA, offers a challenging and stimulating education to children of diverse backgrounds and interests. Through the culture and community of the School, teachers nurture the development of character and foster confidence, creativity, flexibility and curiosity in each child. Students, in turn, encourage each other to learn. Relationships among freedom, responsibility, community and environment are explored through studies that engage students as stewards in service to the School, the region, and the world.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com