Website SF Friends School
The San Francisco Friends School (SFFS), located in the heart of the Mission District in San Francisco, educates K-8 students in the tradition of Quaker learning. By example and commitment, we hope to inspire all connected with our school to work together toward a peaceful and caring society. For further information about San Francisco Friends School’s beginnings, mission and philosophy, please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org.
Job Summary: The San Francisco Friends School seeks a personable, organized and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. The Receptionist/Assistant will work with the entire school community and in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations to create a welcoming first impression of the Friends community and ensure the safe and smooth flow of traffic throughout the school.
Job Responsibilities: Receptionist: screening visitors to ensure a safe environment and greeting all guests in a warm and welcoming manner including parents, students, vendors, prospective students/families and others on campus. In addition, the front desk is responsible for mail, supplies ordering, managing the facilities calendar and other administrative tasks. Exceptional reliability a must.
Administrative duties: providing administrative support to the business office which includes filing, special projects and other support for faculty and staff.
• Interact with the public on a daily basis, with a positive, engaging outlook – primarily in person but also by phone, and by email. Direct visitors as appropriate, respond to a wide variety of questions and create an excellent first impression for SFFS.
• Offer courteous, efficient and friendly support to ensure customer satisfaction
• Monitor cameras and visitors to ensure all visitors have a legitimate reason to be on campus and we maintain a safe environment for students/staff. Coordinate with security as needed
• Oversee facilities calendar and room reservations and communicate event details to Facilities and Technology staff; manage calendar conflicts with CFOO
• Reads email daily so as to be up to date on events and attend school events/meetings as required
• Collect daily attendance cards and check in late students, sends to Registrar
• Point person for first floor emergency team, takes administrator attendance in case of emergency; records drills
• Orders general office supplies and keeps Hub/Pub well supplied and organized including materials, form etc.
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail, call for special pick-ups
• Maintains lost and found and encourages pick up of items
• Maintains ipads for healthtrac and carpool and keeps charged, cleaned and ready
• Manage COVID related signage
• Manage DMV checks for volunteer field trip drivers, collects field trip permission slips • Support the Business office in tracking key compliance documents (e.g., Insurance Certificates, etc.)
• Manages PA Giants night ticket sales
• Clerical support for Business Office and others
• Handle sensitive, personal information with complete confidentiality and discretion
• Special projects as may be assigned Desired Qualifications
• Reliable and timely attendance
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a sense of humor, good judgement, patience, discretion • Ability to communicate clearly and warmly in-person, through email and by phone
• Strong organization skills, including excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects and manage shifting priorities
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekends/overtime a plus Job Requirements (demonstration of the following):
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred,
• Bilingual, Spanish strongly preferred
• Two or more years of relevant administrative experience
• Superb customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills/attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS office and Google Docs and the utmost sensitivity to confidential information
• Ability to multi-task/prioritize required and must have a can-do, problem solving orientation
• Experience working with teachers and elementary aged children a plus, at minimum an authentic interest in becoming part of the team and engaging in the work we do
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member • Strong sense of professionalism and maturity
• Self-starter with a solutions-orientation, asks questions/offers alternatives
• Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and have good mobility skills.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, and reach and extend arms in any direction.
• Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal and similar devices, extensive reading, etc.
• Light lifting.
Compensation and Benefit summary: Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Matching 403(b) retirement plan.
EEO Commitment: The San Francisco Friends School is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all students and staff and do not discriminate based on ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of our educational policies, enrollment or hiring.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Director of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com