San Francisco Friends School educates students in the tradition of Quaker learning. By example and commitment, we hope to inspire all connected with our school to work together toward a peaceful and caring society.
Come play with us! In the Extended Day (K – 4th grades) and After3 (5th – 8th grades) programs, we believe strongly in the importance of play for all children. We structure the afternoon so that all our students will have the opportunity to find a quiet place to study, but also have the opportunity to play in the way they are most drawn to, from Lego to four square, tag to origami. Our aim is to create a space where we can allow students to let it all out, while still maintaining a safe environment. We are looking for individuals who enjoy connecting with kids, love to play, and can help keep everyone safe.
● Help maintain the safety of students.
● Help maintain a calm, clean environment indoors and outdoors.
● Mediate disputes between students as needed.
● Plan and facilitate activities including: games, arts, cooking, sports, etc.
● Assist with homework.
● Prepare and serve a healthy snack.
● Collaborate with fellow team members.
● Attend weekly staff meetings on Tuesday afternoons.
● High school diploma
● Minimum of six (6) months experience working with students in a school and/or educational setting eg. Student tutoring, camp counselor, child care provider
● Enthusiasm, creativity and a love of children
● Must be able to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills
● Must provide recent TB clearance prior to start.
COMPENSATION: $20 per hour starting rate, afternoon hours, following school calendar. SFFS does not provide benefits, vacation time or PTO, and will provide paid sick time/health coverage only as required by local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
For those seeking more employment hours, many after school teachers also chose to work as a substitute teacher during the school day. Substitute teachers work on call, choose their own schedule, and can earn overtime if they work a full school day and then work in the after school programs.
Email a resume, cover letter and three references
For further information about San Francisco Friends School’s beginnings, mission and philosophy please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org . The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org