Redwood Day School
Redwood Day is a vibrant K-8 school with over 385 students and 80+ faculty and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high functioning team setting
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Highly effective communication skills including strong written communication
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong database and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Quick learner of new software/technologies (ability to quickly learn and operate SchoolAdmin admissions software is essential)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability/willingness to hold information in strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of independent schools a plus
- Oral and written Spanish fluency a plus
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs (moving chairs, tables at events, etc.)
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Print and collate a variety of mailings
- Maintain informational materials
- Prepare event materials such as handouts, schedules, name badges, etc.
- Process incoming application documents, mark as received, and file in paper and electronically
- Create and maintain admissions files, adding to them throughout the season, with a high degree of accuracy
- Copy, collate, and score all admissions assessment packets
- Communicate with accuracy, professionalism, and compassion by phone and email with prospective parents
- Additional support tasks as assigned by the Director and Associate Director of Admissions and Tuition Assistance
- Process and reconcile electronic inquiries, applications, and applicant records through the admissions database with a detail-oriented approach
- Create custom searches (i.e. missing application materials, missing a required appointment, etc.) in admissions database, export search results to Excel, and use exports to:
- Follow up on application status
- Mailmerge to create name badges, assessment packets, and mailings
- Create brand-aligned signs, sign-in sheets, name badges, etc. in MS Word
- Accurately and efficiently enter hard copy data into admissions database
- Upload application documents to digital application files with accuracy
- Help with set up, visitor support, and break-down of Admissions Tours, Open Houses, and Assessments and other events as requested
Redwood Day offers highly competitive compensation and benefits.
The Seasonal Admissions Assistant reports to the Director of Admissions and Tuition Assistance, and provides clerical support primarily during peak admission season (August – March).
This position is part-time (approximately 0.30 FTE, though hours fluctuate) and requires occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Redwood Day Application Form and submit it electronically by enter 9/24/18 to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Katrina Lappin, Director of Admissions.
Redwood Day is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition, Redwood Day does not permit discrimination based on dressing consistently with one’s gender identity or gender expression, or preferred gender, name or pronoun usage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com